VIOLA2020: A Call for Scores by American women composers
Maggie Snyder, Associate Professor of Viola at the Hugh Hodgson School of Music at the University of Georgia, with funding support from the Louisville-based Nora Redman Fund and the University of Georgia Willson Center, is pleased to announce a call-for-scores for solo viola works by American women composers.
- Performance (world premiere) by Maggie Snyder at the Creative Arts Center of the University of Georgia’s Ramsey Recital Hall in 2020
- Consideration for inclusion in a 2020 celebration of women composers and recording project at the end of the VIOLA2020 (estimated May 2021 recording) featuring works for solo viola by living American women composers
- Solo viola, no electronics or accompaniments
- Estimated 5-10 minutes in length
- Must be considered “world premiere performance” and not be included on another professionally released recording. Works written specifically for VIOLA2020 are preferred. No transcriptions or arrangements of previous pieces
- Composers may send in only one work, not multiple works.
- Composer must identify as a woman
- Composer must be an American citizen
To apply: send the following to email@example.com, Attn “Call for Scores: [Your Name]” by January 5, 2020, 11:59pm. Late entries will not be considered.
- Composers resume (1-2 page)
- Score (PDF)
- Recording (preferred, not required)
- Info sheet with composer’s contact information (email, mailing address, phone number), and work information (title, year completed, program notes, duration, performance history)
- Composer bio and headshot
Additional info: A panel of 3-5 judges (TBA) will determine winner. Entry Fee: $0.00