Welcome to the Hugh Hodgson School of Music's Office of Academic Advisement! Below you will find all pertinent information corresponding to registration and other related student concerns. If your specific issue is not addressed by what is provided below, please feel free to email your assigned advisor for additional guidance.
Important Information - Spring 2015:
Advising in the HHSOM is devised as a two-tiered system.
Advising is a crucial part of the academic experience for all UGA students. At least once per semester, each student is required to meet with her advisor prior to registering for the upcoming term’s classes. Appointments are available beginning the third week of each semester and continue until classes end. Students must schedule their advising appointment through the SARA webpage.
How to Schedule an Advising Appointment:
- To go SARA, the system used by the HHSOM to schedule advising appointments.
- Enter your MyID and password and select 'Login.'
- Search and select an availability that works with your schedule.
Cancelation and No-Show Policies
- If you scheduled an advising appointment and discover you are no longer able to attend, you can cancel your appointment through SARA and reschedule for another time.
- A “no-show” is a student who does not attend his or her scheduled advising appointment. This practice is inefficient; therefore, the Hugh Hodgson School of Music reserves the right to limit the number of appointments these students can schedule.
- In the event of a "no-show," students are required to be advised during "no-show walk-in times." These are posted sporadically throughout an advisor's schedule in SARA. They will be marked in red.